2014 Team and Individual Entry Form and Sponsorship Information
As athletic director for 11 years, Raver was a force behind Eastern's growth from NAIA affiliation to NCAA Division I status. Also a former head tennis coach, assistant men's basketball coach, and assistant and head baseball coach, he officially retired in 2000 but continued to assist the department with special events and fund-raising.
One of the events he created was this tournament. Harvest Foods and the EAA are proud to sponsor the continuation of this event held at Liberty Lake and Meadow Wood golf courses the last week of July or the first week of August each year.
WHAT IS THE RAVER?
- It is officially called the Ron Raver Memorial Golf Classic
WHEN IS THE RAVER?
- This year's Ron Raver Memorial Golf Classic (presented by Harvest Foods), which raises money for EWU student-athletes, is Wednesday, August 6th, 2014.
- Hosted lunch begins at 11:30 a.m., the tournament proper tee’s off at 1pm (shotgun start).
WHERE IS THE RAVER HELD?
- It is held concurrently at Liberty Lake and Meadow Wood Golf Course.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST? (For 2013)
WHAT’S THE ATTIRE?
- Casual golf attire
WHAT’S ON THE MENU?
- Lunch: Barbecue burger lunch at both courses.
- Dinner: There is a steak dinner (for participants at both golf courses) held at Meadow Wood Golf course only following play.
IS THERE ALCOHOL?
- Yes - Everyone in the field is provided two (2) beverage tickets which are good for beer only.
WHAT IS THE EVENT?
The Ron Raver Memorial Golf Classic was originally called the ‘Coaches Classic Golf Tournament’ and was largely considered a lead-in to the fall start of football. The tournament was the brainchild of Dick Zornes and Ron Raver. Ron was mostly responsible for the development and growth of the tournament that takes place today. After Ron’s passing, the tournament was renamed to honor him and the work he did to build it into the mega-event that it is. Ron nurtured a relationship with Buzz Bellessa of Harvest Foods who provides the golf tournament with roughly half of its 72 available sponsorships. This is one of the signature events that take place annually for the benefit of areas of greatest need within Eagle Athletics. Numerous volunteers collaborate to conduct the event which annually takes place in late July or Early August. The tournament annually has 250-300 people play of which 200 are sponsored foursomes.